Sunday, November 18, 2007

A fun filled Saturday...

So, yesterday was a pretty good day. For starters, anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a huge Phoenix Suns fan. I mean, I am border lining obsession. No matter where I live, the Suns will always be my team. I mean, how can you not love the following: Amare Soudemire (STAT), Shawn Marion (The Matrix), Steve Nash (The Nash Rambler), Grant Hill, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, and my personal favorite Leandro Barbosa (The Brazilian Sensation. or Brazilian Blur depending on who you talk to). Also, let us not forget Marcus Banks, who is Nicole's favorite.

Anyway, back to yesterday, first of all the Suns smacked the Houston Rockets around. BUT, even more exciting is that while I went to bed very early on Friday night with a major headache, my little wifey, who happens to be an artist extraordinaire stayed up until nearly 5 am making a painting for me, as an ode to the Phoenix Suns. Dead serious!! She took the Suns colors and made me a totally unique and awesome art piece to hang in my office at work, which was until now, admittedly dull and colorless. Now, I can have an office worth being proud of...THANKS HONEY! Following are pics of the art piece Nicole made for me, as well as a few pics of her other stuff hanging in our house. Enjoy!!So, the colors are obviously those of the Phoenix Suns.
The winding lines are the road to the championship.
On the right you have a basketball, headed for the very hard to see hoop below.
On the left she painted in what looks like a big foam #1 hand.
This is the artist herself. The art piece on the right is nicer
then the one on the left. WINK!

This is me and my mad hoop skills. Steve Nash better watch
his spot in the starting 5.
This is my office now looking much more lively with the colorful
addition. The room now bursts with Suns pride.Okay, so this is another of Nicole's art pieces. She painted this
back before she was LDS, but had read this part of the Book of Mormon.
Pretty cool thing for a convert to have painted before even being converted.I am pretty sure Nikki calls this one "Bombs over Baghdad".
I don't know that this one has a name, but I sure do like it.

No comments: